BASS/SOSB –Bass Workshop will be held on Saturday 1st April Start time 10.00 and finish around 16.30 approx. Open to members and non-members so even if your membership has lapsed, why not come along and see what’s happening currently. Stalwart bass supporter Malcolm Gilbert and David Curtis SOSB champion and Restoration lead will be hosting this event.
Both this Workshop and the AGM events will be held at Oxstalls Tennis Centre, Gloucester.
Workshop Saturday 1st April
Does this describe you?
- you are passionate about bass angling.
- you want to catch more and bigger bass.
- but you have noticed you are catching fewer and fewer bass each year.
- you have heard the bass stock is in trouble and you want to know more.
- You aren’t happy with the recent restrictions on recreational bass angling and you suspect recreational anglers are getting a raw deal.
- you want things to improve, and you want to help, but you aren’t sure what to do.
If so, then you need to come to the BASS/SOSB Bass Workshop on Saturday 1 April to find out more and learn how you can get involved and make a difference. In fact, why not make a weekend of it and stay over for the highly entertaining BASS AGM on Sunday and make some new bass fishing friends?
The Bass Workshop will cover a range of topics, including:
- Why Do You Fish?
- The Grass Is Greener Elsewhere!
- Should Sea Anglers and The Sea Angling Trade Get Involved in Bass Politics?
- Who Runs the Bass Fishery?
- Are Fishery Managers and Politicians Biased?
- Money Matters – Comparing Commercial and Recreational Fishing
- Does the Public Care What Happens to Bass?
The day will start at 10.00 and finish around 16.30; lunch will be provided. Long-time bass campaigner Malcolm Gilbert and Restoration and SOSB lead David Curtis will be delivering the programme.
Please let us know if you would like to attend. contact us for this meeting. – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not make a weekend of it and go to the AGM visit the trade stalls and take part in the traditional raffle?
For those wishing to stay overnight there is plenty of accommodation in the area:
The AGM Sunday 2nd April, also at Oxstalls Tennis Centre, Gloucester more news and details to follow.
Write for Bass– please click here.